Over the years we have been asked time and time again by potential guests whether there is a scheduled departure they can join, in order to allow them to travel with Benson at a more affordable price than booking him exclusively. Each time the answer has been an apologetic no. We have considered running a scheduled small group trip many times but always found reasons not to. Well for the very first time we are taking the plunge and offering our guests the opportunity to travel with Benson as a specialist guide, within a small group of maximum six guests. For this trial trip we have chosen to travel during the photogenic Green Season in Botswana, staying at the Kwando camps which are some of Benson’s personal favorites.
The summer rains are a time of plenty in Africa; mammals are fat and healthy and for many species, it is a time to bring their young into the world. The bush is an emerald green, dotted with an abundance of flowers and migrant bird species arrive in their thousands. For the experienced African traveller and specialist photographer, this is the time to visit southern Africa.
In brief the itinerary is:
11 March 2015: Start Maun, Botswana. Scheduled light air transfer Maun – Tau Pan
3 nights Tau Pan Camp, Central Kalahari
14 March: Scheduled light air transfer Tau Pan – Little Kwara
3 nights Little Kwara Camp, Kwara Concession, Okavango Delta
17 March: Scheduled light air transfer Little Kwara – Lebala Camp
2 nights Lebala Camp, Kwando Concession
19 March: Game drive transfer Lebala – Lagoon Camp
2 nights Lagoon Camp, Kwando Concession
21 March: Scheduled light air transfer Lagoon – Kasane, Botswana to connect with your International Flight (or we could arrange to extend your trip, perhaps with a few nights in Victoria Falls or Cape Town or even continuing the safari experience)
Price: US$7,250.00 per person sharing. No single supplement (maximum 2 singles per group).
- Accommodation with all meals and beverages, including premier brands (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), all game viewing activities and laundry;
- Services of Benson Siyawareva as specialist guide throughout;
- All transfers starting in Maun (Botswana) and ending in Kasane (Botswana). We could arrange for you to finish in Maun instead of Kasane or fly direct to another safari camp in Botswana. From Kasane it is simple to arrange a road or air transfer to Victoria Falls. There are daily flights between Johannesburg/Maun and Kasane/Johannesburg.
- Private open game-viewing vehicle at each safari camp with a “window” seat for each guest;
- Maximum 6 guests.
- International flights (to Maun and returning from Kasane);
- Compulsory travel insurance;
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes;
- All personal purchases;
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes or levies;
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
We are extremely excited to be offering this special itinerary and already have a confirmed booking, so there are only two rooms still available. If you think you may be interested please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information and a detailed itinerary. We look forward to hearing from you! In the meantime we have included a few images of the camps included on this exciting itinerary to whet the appetite: